If you follow us on Facebook, you’ve no doubt been seeing our reminders about auditions. If you don’t follow us on Facebook, here’s a link to our page where you can do just that!
We are extremely excited about our fourth season, and it promises to be a great one:
Murder. Comedy. Murdering comedy. Mayhem. Time traveling (or, more accurately, time crashing!). Whodunnits. And all kinds of family drama.
Our company, directors, and crews have been working on it all for some time, but with auditions starting tonight, the 2014-2015 season is officially underway! So, just in case you haven’t yet seen our audition notices and are looking for that contact information to reserve one of the few remaining time slots, here’s all the info you need:
Macbeth & The Tempest
Both adapted from William Shakespeare
“Fair is foul, and foul is fair” – Macbeth’s desire to gain power and keep it at all costs threatens to destroy a nation, replacing dignity and rule of law with guilt and paranoia. Set in the American 1950s, see Shakespeare’s greatest couple rise and fall with each choice they make. Catherine Cardwell directs her immediate and visceral adaption of Shakespeare’s intense, claustrophobic and bloody drama.
- Performance Dates: October/November 2014 (weekends with possible Monday student matinees)
- Rehearsals to begin in September 2014
- 12 actors / the role of Macbeth has been cast
THE TEMPEST: ADRIFT IN TIME
The year is 1937. America’s sweetheart, Prosprina Milan, actress, philanthropist, aviatrix, and heir to the great Milan fortune, prepares to be the first woman to fly solo around the world. All goes to plan until, in her final hours of flight, her plane disappears somewhere over the fabled Bermuda Triangle, a place where time seems to stop, electronics malfunction, and nothing is as it seems. As America mourns its favorite daughter, come discover where and when she is. Directed by Carey Shea.
- Performance Dates: February 2015
- Rehearsals to begin in January 2015
- 10 actors
Audition Dates (by appointment only):
Tuesday, August 26th – 5:30pm-8pm
Sunday, August 31st –2pm-5pm
The Indianapolis Central Library: Garden Conference Room – Level One
40 E. St. Clair St., Indianapolis, IN, 46204
- You may audition for one or both productions.
- Please prepare one classical monologue. You may be asked to do some readings.
- Those auditioning for The Tempest, please prepare a short song to be sung unaccompanied.
- ETC Associate Artists – please schedule a time to do some readings. A monologue is not required.
- Bring your resume with headshot and ALL conflicts for:
September – November 2014 for Macbeth / January – February 2015 for The Tempest.
- Audition RSVP: Cat Cardwell at email@example.com – please include your top 2 choices of times & which production(s) you want to be considered for. Auditions will be scheduled every 15 minutes.
- Each cast member will receive a small stipend.
Questions? Contact Thomas Cardwell, Artistic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.